If you are in the market for an oven and looking at what energy efficient oven choices are available, consider one with a convection feature. A convection oven has an efficient fan & exhaust system that standard ovens do not.
Benefits of Convection Ovens
There are several advantages to opting for a convection oven, such as:
- The exhaust and fan help blow the hot oven air around and over the food, venting it back out. This movement of hot air evenly surrounds the food, cooking and browning it more quickly and consistently.
- The convection method helps speed up broiling, baking, and roasting.
- Moreover, this oven is also suitable for multi-level baking, as the heating element surrounding its fan is circular.
- Most people today look for energy-efficient options when buying or upgrading appliances in their home. This is another notable advantage of convection ovens – they use about 20% less energy than standard ovens.
- Foods cook quicker at lower temperatures with convection.
- You will find various models with better insulation – it wastes less heat, increasing efficiency.
- Look for ovens with self-cleaning features as that makes them low-maintenance and perfect for modern households where people lead very busy lifestyles.
- Delicate foods won’t get overly dry.
- No need to baste poultry or meat – the juices are sealed in.
- You don’t need to preheat the oven for certain types of baking or roasting.
- You can fill the convection oven racks to the full capacity without affecting cooking time. Just keep minimal space for the hot air to circulate between the oven sides and the pans.
- You do not have to invest in special bakeware, which saves you money and storage space in your kitchen.
The Energy-Efficiency Aspect
The induction function is more efficient and will save you some money in the long term. If being green in the kitchen is important to you, then you should consider a convection oven. Gas ranges are more energy efficient than electric-powered ones, and you can also use them during a power outage. Today, there is no shortage of convection ovens and other appliance options in the market. Please contact our expert team to understand why you should choose Hi Tech Appliance. Our team is knowledgeable and skilled, will provide their input on energy efficient oven choices so you can decide which oven will work best for your needs. Since you will be using this particular appliance regularly, you would want a robust, energy-efficient oven that has all the necessary functions.