Designing and planning outdoor kitchen countertops takes time, trouble, and effort. While it’s best to hire a skilled contractor for the job, it’s also important to have an understanding of the types of materials available so you can make the right choice. Here we look at the advantages of engineered and natural stone materials.
Pros And Cons of Engineered Stone Countertops
- With engineered stone, there are no surprises. What you see is what you get as it is a manmade product, and all the lots will be standard in appearance and style.
- These products are priced mid-range, and you will find that it’s always more cost-effective than natural stone.
- No sealing required, and these stones are practically spill-proof.
- There are literally unlimited options, as new engineered stones are constantly being produced.
- Sometimes, sudden temperature changes can cause engineered stone to contract, and this can result in permanent damage to the surface.
- You will always need to use trivets to place hot pots and pans on these outdoor kitchen countertops.
- They can sometimes be overly uniform in appearance and color.
- Seams are more noticeable in engineered stone.
Pros and Cons of Natural Stone Countertops
- Natural stone has an elegance that’s hard to beat.
- They are a naturally formed, recyclable, sustainable resource.
- Most natural stones are tough and hardy and available in a pre-sealed condition.
- They are not impacted by temperature changes.
- Easy to maintain.
- Provide excellent long-term value.
- Natural stones are heavy – sometimes cabinets might require structural reinforcement before you install them.
- Since these are naturally occurring materials, there could be some variation in what you see in showrooms and what’s delivered to you.
- Depending on the material you opt for, these natural stone countertops can be an expensive option.
Make the Right Countertop Choice
As you can see, each of these materials has its pros and cons. Since every person has specific needs and a budget, it’s best to conduct some research and discuss your outdoor kitchen requirements with experts like us. For more details about our service and why us, feel free to visit our website or contact us. We are here to help with all your outdoor kitchen countertops’ needs. Our experts will have a detailed consultation with you during which they will get a good idea of what your requirements are before coming up with a suitable solution.