A dishwasher is one of the most hardworking appliances in your kitchen, and making sure it functions well and lasts long is all about hiring experienced technicians for the installation, and later for regular residential dishwasher service and maintenance. Just as it needs regular service, proper loading helps ensure you have clean dishes in every wash cycle and that it stays in good condition for longer.
Placing dishes and other utensils and cutlery in the incorrect spots or overloading the machine are typical mistakes people make, and this can also leave grime behind after the wash cycle is complete.
Tips to Accommodate Dishes
All dishwashers come with manuals that have instructions about loading and regular cleaning and maintenance. But here are some handy tips to follow:
Place all glasses, cups, and small bowls in the top rack.
- Avoid overcrowding as it obstructs the smooth flow of water & detergent, increasing breakage risk.
- Place dishwasher-safe plastics on this same rack, away from the heating elements, as it can cause them to warp.
- Keep the plates and large serving bowls on the bottom rack.
- It’s not necessary to pre-rinse the dishes, but make sure you scrape all large food chunks and leftovers into the trash.
- Most dishwashers have sensors, which adjust the wash cycle automatically, depending on how clean or dirty the dishes are.
- Place oversized pieces, cutting boards, and platters toward the sides and back so they do not block the spray of water.
- Utensils or trays with baked-on food should be placed face down near the lower spray in the dishwasher.
- Aluminum and stainless steel can be placed in dishwashers, but china, wood, brass, gold leaf, bronze should be hand washed always to avoid discoloration or damage.
- Mix forks, spoons, and knives and place them correctly in the basket; make sure the handles are facing down.
Opt For the Best Dishwasher
While loading the machine correctly is necessary, you must follow the proper unloading process too. Empty the bottom rack first, and then the rest, or the water that accumulates on the mugs, glasses, and bowls will spill all over the plates and pots placed below. Always invest in high quality appliances and look for the best dishwashers based on your usage and budget.
Hire professionals for residential dishwasher service once a year, or more frequently if the appliance use is high. Hire professionals for all your dishwasher repair requirements.