An oven is integral to a modern kitchen, and when you start to look, you will find there are several options available on the market. You can find these devices in various sizes and with different functions. This is also where the question about standalone oven vs. wall oven comes in. Since you will be using this appliance very frequently, you need it to suit your preferences and requirements perfectly.
Standalone Oven vs. Wall Oven
Here we look at how these products stand up against one another:
Wall Oven Pros
- This is a space-saving appliance, which can be a bonus if you have a more compact kitchen or if you want more floor space.
- It looks like it is custom-fitted to your cabinets and kitchen.
- If you love cooking and entertaining, a double wall oven might be perfect for you.
Wall Oven Cons
- It is smaller than a standalone oven, which is something to keep in mind when choosing one. But as mentioned above, you can buy a double wall oven to remedy this problem.
- Wall ovens are typically powered by electricity, not gas. If you prefer gas because it’s a more cost-efficient fuel, then a wall oven might not be the right choice for you.
- Some brands make gas wall ovens, but the electric-powered ones are available in a wider variety.
- You might also have to get a wall cabinet customized to house your wall oven, and you need to keep this in mind. This requirement also raises the cost of installation of a wall oven.
Standalone Oven Pros
- It is a classic feature that many people prefer.
- When you opt for this appliance, the range and oven are very close together, which can be more convenient to use.
- You have the option to choose between electric and gas depending on what your preference is.
- It costs less than a wall-mounted device.
Standalone Oven Cons
- Limited style options.
- Uses up floor space and might not be ideal in a smaller kitchen.
As you can see, there are certain differences between a stand-alone oven vs. wall oven. Both have certain advantages, and you need to consider aspects like the size of your kitchen, placement of other appliances, your personal preferences, and convenience. In case you aren’t very sure about the one that would work best for you, consult with experts in the field who will provide you with the details you need. If you are wondering why Hi Tech Appliance, please visit our website and check out the array of appliances options and services we offer.