So, all ovens are the same, right? Well, not really. Most professional chefs prefer convection oven cooking for perfectly browned, evenly cooked foods. Therefore, investing in one for your home kitchen can be a smart decision. Let’s look at what this technology involves and what you can cook in this type of oven.
What is Convection?
A convection oven has an exhaust system and a fan that a conventional oven lacks. The fan & exhaust assist in blowing hot oven air all around the food before venting it out again. Convection oven cooking is quick, convenient, and safe. This type of oven is one of the most popular appliances in homes, as it provides consistent browning, which results in tastier and better-textured foods.
Benefits of Convection Ovens
There are many distinct advantages to convection oven cooking, such as:
- Faster roasting, baking, and broiling. It’s perfect for roasts that are crisp on the outside and medium-rare on the inside. It is also ideal for delicious crispy chicken wings, with the right moisture content on the inside.
- You get crisp and brown potatoes that are perfectly cooked and moist on the inside.
- You can use a convection oven for multilevel baking because its heating element is circular.
- People want energy-efficient options appliances, and convection ovens use approximately 20% less energy compared to standard ovens.
- Your foods cook quicker at much lower temperatures.
- Most modern convection ovens are well insulated, which makes them more energy-efficient as less heat is wasted.
- You will also find that many models come with convenient self-cleaning features. Most people today lead hectic lives, and this function makes it perfect for them.
- You can cook delicate foods in them without worrying about them getting overly dry.
- The juices in the meats are sealed in perfectly, and in certain types of roasting and baking, you do not have to preheat the oven.
While there are many benefits to convection oven cooking, it is not great for baking cakes; you may get an uneven rise or undesirable crusts. This is something you need to keep in mind when using one in your kitchen. Since there are many different oven brands and models available, it’s a good idea to consult experienced professionals for their inputs. To understand why choose Hi-Tech Appliance, please visit our website. We can help you with more information about convection oven cooking and new high-tech appliances.