Outdoor kitchens come in different styles, and homeowners choose an aesthetic that appeals to them. However, most prefer a rustic and organic look that blends in with their backyard environment. Stone veneer walls and counters are a popular choice for homeowners because they offer several advantages. Here’s a look at some reasons why so many people prefer stone veneer to their alternative.
Benefits of Stone Veneer
Stone veneers are thin slices of stone that sit on top of a solid wall and a carefully-prepared surface. They give the appearance of natural stone, but offer a few advantages over other materials, including:
- Economical – Stone veneers are more affordable than the alternative materials available in the market. They don’t cost as much as natural stone blocks and are easy to install, which cuts down on the costs as well.
- Weather Proof – Natural stone veneers can handle all kinds of weather conditions well. It doesn’t expand and contract during cold or hot conditions. It can handle heavy snow, rain, or extreme heat easily.
- Sturdy – These veneers are very resilient and can last for decades if you maintain them well.
- Beautiful – A stone veneer surface looks like natural stone, which gives your kitchen a beautiful organic appearance. Few other materials are as visually-appealing, especially in outdoor spaces.
- Versatile – Veneers are versatile and can be applied to almost every type of outdoor kitchen surface.
As you can see, stone veneers have several distinct advantages. However, you need to make sure they are installed by trained professionals. Poor installation will not last as long.
Where Can You Use Veneer Stone?
Veneers are versatile and can cover almost every wall in your outdoor kitchen. The most ideal places for them include:
- Around the grill – These veneers will provide excellent protection around the grill and ensure the section blends in seamlessly with the kitchen design.
- Over the fireplace – If you like a vintage, rustic-looking fireplace, place stone veneers around and over it. The fireplace will look like it was made out of solid stone blocks.
- Pizza ovens – You can also get rustic-looking pizza ovens by installing stone veneers over them. The veneers will form a solid barrier around the oven and keep heat trapped in.
- Counters – You can install stone veneers on the sides of the counters and add a natural stone countertop to complete the organic appearance.
If you want to know more about stone veneer, contact an experienced technician. Visit their Why Us page to understand their range of services before hiring them.