Once the colder months set in, you want to start thinking about the best way to keep your home warm during the winter months. While there are many different options on the market today, finding the right output, features, and styles of fireplaces, take some amount of research and planning.
Gas Fireplace Vs. Wood-Fired Fireplace
If you are planning to get a fireplace installed, consider the benefits of indoor outdoor gas fireplace features. Here we take a look at some of them:
No stocking and hauling firewood- Whether you want an elegant indoor fireplace or a feature for the outdoor spaces of your home, a gas-operated one is a better option as you do not have to stock or haul wood every time you want some warmth.
- Money Saver– While it’s true that the initial costs of gas fireplace installation are higher than wood-burning features, you will end up saving a significant amount of money on annual chimney inspections, firewood, etc. Also, when you opt for a gas fireplace, you save on electricity costs.
- Eco-friendly Option– When you reduce the amount of energy you use in your home, it helps you save money and you also end up doing your bit for the environment. A gas fireplace does not give off any soot or smoke, which means that there is no release of harmful chemicals into any indoor spaces or the atmosphere.
- No Mess- A gas-burning outdoor fireplace needs minimal maintenance compared to a wood fireplace, which gives rise to soot and ashes that you have to clean up every time you light a fire. A gas fireplace only requires an annual inspection in terms of maintenance.
Different Gas Fireplace Options
Gas fireplaces can be categorized into three types:
- Vented- These are typically found whenever an existing wood fireplace is converted into a gas-operated one.
- Direct vent- In this type of fireplace, a pipe connected to the fireplace unit leads to your house’s exterior. The fireplace draws air in through this pipe and expels the gases outside.
- Vent-free-These fireplaces are popular because you can install them just about anywhere- on exterior walls, interior walls, upper stories, lower stories, or even in the middle of rooms.
No matter what kind of a gas fireplace you opt for, you need to hire professionals for the job. They will provide you with detailed information about the different products available on the market and will help with the indoor outdoor gas fireplace installation as well.