When your washing machine and dryer don’t work the way they should, it’s time for a residential laundry service and repair. Chances are that your appliance can be repaired instead of replaced, saving you money and hassle.
Residential Laundry Service
Having a repair person visit your home to fix your washer or dryer is far more convenient and cost-effective than buying and installing a new machine. But if you leave a problem too long, it could get to the point where it’s no longer fixable. Here are some problems to watch for. If you notice these things happening, call us for a residential laundry service repair.
Common Problems With Washers
Some of the common problems with washers include:
- The machine is bouncing around. This could be from an imbalanced load, or it could be a larger problem.
- Clothes getting ripped. If you notice this happening, it’s definitely time to call in a service person.
- Improper draining. This is a sign that something is clogging up the pipes. You should have this problem looked at before the washer stops draining altogether.
- The machine won’t spin. This is another problem that requires a service person immediately. A washer that doesn’t spin won’t properly clean your clothes.
- Smells. Smells are another problem that can be dealt with by a visit from a service person. But first, try running a cleaning cycle without any clothes to see if that helps.
Common Problems With Dryers
- Strange noises and vibrations. Your dryer shouldn’t make strange noises. If it does, call for a repair person to visit.
- Doesn’t heat up. If the dryer spins but doesn’t heat up, no matter what setting it’s on, the problem could be a faulty thermal fuse. In this case, the dryer needs servicing.
- The dryer runs then shuts off. If the dryer is regularly turning off before the cycle is done, that’s a sure sign of a problem. Stop using the dryer and call for a service visit.
Need an appliance repaired? Give us a call at Hi-Tech Appliance. We’re the repair specialists. We have experienced and knowledgeable service and repair people ready to help you.